You’ve joined Mobilize and are now eager to start your first deployment in January. But you are probably more than a little anxious too – worried about making a great first impression and succeeding in your new position. We’ve all been there, as the newest member of an organization (the rookie) it is both challenging and exciting. So before you begin your new adventure with Mobilize, here are 20 tips to help you make that great impression on your first Mobilize employer.
- Have a Positive Attitude
- Dress Professionally/Blend in With Co-Workers
- Show Your Team Spirit
- Learn Co-Workers’ Names Quickly
- Ask Questions/Ask for Help
- Take Notes/Go to Orientation
- Be a Self-Starter; Take Initiative
- Discover Everything About Your New Employer
- Work Full Days
- Establish a Good Attendance Record
- Avoid Office Politics and Gossip
- Keep Personal Business on Company Time to a Minimum
- Take Advantage of After-Hours Activities
- Listen More than Talk
- Track Accomplishments
- Show Appreciation
- Find a Mentor
- Get and Stay Organized/Set Goals
- Keep Your Boss Informed — of Everything
- Meet and Network with Key People in Organization & Profession
But don’t worry if you don’t make that perfect first impression! Just remember to relax, keep your mind open, get to know your team members, do your work and enjoy the experience. With this positive attitude, you should go far in making a lasting impression and reputation with your co-workers and your boss.
This list has been developed by two professors specializing in human resources, Dr. Randall S. Hansen and Dr. Katharine Hansen. To read the full article with details on each tip, click here.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.